Full subject description
Adapting the requirements of academic English at university is challenging for everyone, but more so English is an additional language. This module provides tips, strategies and examples to write better assignments. Content in this module was developed based on workshops run here at the University of Melbourne.
Module topics include
- How to write effective paragraphs.
- What is Academic Style? How can you transform your writing to be more academic?
- How to communicate complex ideas clearly, and simply.
- Golden rules for writing.
- 4 ways to make your writing more sophisticated.
The modules also include short videos from teachers and students, examples of good writing and many interactive exercises that allow you to test your understanding and get feedback.